Wyandot County Help Me Grow

Help Me Grow is Ohio’s evidenced-based parent support program that encourages early prenatal and well-baby care, as well as parenting education to promote the comprehensive health and development of children. Help Me Grow System includes Central Intake, Help Me Grow Home Visiting and Help me Grow Early Intervention.

Wyandot County Public Health handles the Home Visiting aspect of the Help Me Grow program. Home Visiting is a service for pregnant or new parents seeking a little extra support to ensure a healthy pregnancy, and to help their child off to the best possible start in life.

For more information about Early Intervention visit the Wyandot County Family and Children First Council's webpage.

What is Home Visiting?

Help Me Grow Home Visiting is a voluntary family support program for pregnant women or new parents. Offered in every county of the state through a well-established network, Help Me Grow Home Visiting is an evidence-based program that promotes healthy growth and development for babies and young children. Our home visitors are well-trained professionals who use a non-judgmental and compassionate approach that empowers parents with skills, tools and confidence to nurture the healthy growth of their children.

Help Me Grow Home Visiting believes all young children deserve the same opportunities to realize their full potential in life, regardless of economic, geographic, and demographic considerations. The parenting education and child development resources provided to families allows them to maximize this critical period of development in their child’s life, providing a foundation for lasting success.

When a parent schedules a home visit with Help Me Grow Home Visiting, they will have the opportunity to share their thoughts about parenting, ask questions, and receive reliable information based on their individual family needs or topics of interest. Topics may include, but are not limited to:

  • Healthy Pregnancies
  • Baby and Child Health
  • Breastfeeding
  • Nutrition
  • Immunizations
  • Child Growth and Development
  • Discipline
  • Toilet Training
  • Child Safety
  • Household Safety
  • Local Resources

Referral to Help Me Grow

Referral to Help Me Grow through Wyandot County Public Health is a quick and easy process. Parents may refer themselves. If you are not the child’s parent, you may still make a referral. Help Me Grow will first contact the child’s parent before proceeding.

To make a referral through Wyandot County Public Health, visit us at 127-A S. Sandusky Ave., Upper Sandusky, or give us a call at 419-294-3852. Our Help Me Grow Parent Educators can help you complete the referral form (Form 8045) in person or over the phone.

Wyandot County Public Health is nationally accredited through the Public Health Accreditation Board (PHAB). Established in 2007, PHAB is the non-profit organization that administers the national accreditation program, which aims to advance and transform public health practice by championing performance improvement, strong infrastructure, and innovation.